SS Mermaid-Canal/Dock home with Ocean/Beach Access! FREE Wifi
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1,200 Sq. Ft. Home
- Cancel Free
- ID #219241
Pick dates to see pricing:
Pricing for your stay:
|Number of Nights:|
|Cleaning & Other Fees:|
(Includes Taxes & Fees)
Reserve your stay now with no risk - You can cancel for any reason within 24 hours after booking at no charge as long as your check-in is more than 7 days in the future. After the 24 hour grace period, based on the dates you've selected, payments to hold your reservation per the Payment Policy below will be non-refundable. In order to qualify for our free cancellation policy, your reservation must be on or after [date-cancel-time].
This reservation may be cancelled for a 100% refund if made [policy] days or more before arrival date. No refund will be issued if cancelled on or after [date-cancel-until].
Reserve your stay now with no risk - You can cancel for any reason within 24 hours of your reservation at no charge as long as your check-in is more than 7 days in the future. We charge 50% of your reservation at the time of booking and the remaining balance approximately [payment-due] days prior to check-in. For stays booked within [payment-due] days of check-in, we charge 100% at the time of booking. Each payment is non-refundable after the initial 24 hour grace period upon booking.
Since today is within [payment-due] days of your arrival, we will collect the full payment today to secure your reservation.
Since today is more than [payment-due] days prior to your arrival, we will collect a 50% deposit now to secure your reservation. We will collect the balance on or around [date-balance-due].
The SS Mermaid House is a spacious 1/2 duplex located on beautiful South Hutchinson Island in Jensen Beach, Florida, flanked by the Atlantic Ocean and the Indian River Lagoon (the Intracoastal Waterway). She is well appointed & very clean; 2 bedroom, 2 bath - + a private outside shower to wash off after a day at the beach or out on the boat. She is on a deep water canal with a dock for your fishing fun. Boats are welcome -MAXIMUM length overall is 30' (there is no shore power). A new backyard and dock are in progress; boat size must be confirmed at the time of booking to assure dock availability (small $35.00 fee applies).
The SS Mermaid House is on a short quiet street with a single entrance in and out. Within walking distance are several excellent restaurants, post office, pharmacy, convenience store with gas, beachside shops, bike rentals, paddle board rentals, surf shops, liquor store, and beauty salons.
A rare bonus -- this waterfront weekly vacation rental is only a short walk to the Atlantic Ocean's gorgeous beaches.
About the SS Mermaid House
- 2 BEDROOM; 2 BATH; +PRIVATE OUTSIDE SHOWER
- All LINENS are provided.
- Cleaning service complies with recommended COVID cleaning standards.
- Tile floors throughout main house; master bedroom and bath are vinyl plank; guest bedroom is carpet
- Bedrooms as well as most other rooms have CEILING FANS for your comfort.
- Master bedroom has a wall mounted Samsung 32" flat screen smart TV with Fire Stick and basic cable service.
- The master bedroom alarm clock has multiple USB and plug-in ports as well as international time configuration for your convenience.
- Living room has a Samsung 50" HD flat screen TV with Comcast X1 Amazon integrated service.
- Sun room has a Samsung flat screen smart TV with Firestick, no cable.
- FREE High speed wifi, CD,DVD, MP3, FM radio, and Xbox.
- Beach towels, chairs, and umbrellas are provided for your enjoyment.
- A BBQ grill and all utensils are included; there is also a spare tank so don't worry about running out of fuel.
- The kitchen is very well appointed, pots/pans, dishes, glasses, coffee maker, Keurig, crockpot, and much more.
- Inside bar with seating and glassware-it's always 5 O'Clock somewhere!
- A full-size HE washer and dryer are located in an enclosed laundry area adjacent to the covered carport.
- There are 2 outside eating/sitting areas so you never miss a chance to dine outside-rain or shine.
- WATERFRONT deck and dock.
The driveway amply accommodates 4 vehicles: the left side drive is not covered allowing parking for a small RV, boat/jet ski/motorcycle trailer. No parking passes required, no parking fees. Boat launches are just minutes away.
There are so many things to do in this quaint little piece of paradise! Come enjoy & relax-do nothing or be adventurous. In addition to the obvious toes-in-the-sand beach bathing, there's swimming, shore fishing, bird watching, and shelling, you may even find an occasional piece of sea glass or see whales and dolphins swimming off the beach. When the waves are up, the surfers and windsurfers are out - fun to watch.
The backyard deep water canal is fed by the Intracoastal Waterway so fishing off the dock is great fun, and bait stores are located just minutes away. If you want to mix it up and get out on the deep blue sea or backwater, there are many local experienced fishing charter/captains. A list is provided in the home. Public boat launches are only minutes away.
Other fun things to do include: local parks with BBQs (mostly waterfront with great views and breezes), playgrounds, public golf courses, libraries, tennis, sailing school, skateboard park, YMCA, mini golf, arcades, bingo, Indian RiverSide Park and Museum, Harbor Branch Oceanographic Discovery Visitor's Center (a great interactive experience), local farmer's markets, theaters, Elliott Museum, Navy Seal Museum, Gilbert's Bar, Bath Tub Beach, Splash Water Park, don't forget the shopping and restaurants and so much more. A full itinerary of local attractions /events/restaurants will be provided.
Please Note: This is a waterfront property and for everyone's safety, all children and unsteady adults must be accompanied and supervised at all times.
* Please note: Included in the cleaning fee price is damage waiver coverage in place of a traditional damage deposit so you can enjoy a carefree stay.
- "Thank you for the lovely place to stay! Such a wonderfully well equipped house! Many thanks, 5plus stars". Taina L. Sept 2020
- "Everything about this house is perfect. It's beautiful and comfortable and I wish I could wake up every morning and have breakfast & coffee on the back patio!" Nicole W July 2020
- "Such an amazing place to stay, great views of the sunset and it had everything we needed from cooking to going to the beach. Thank you can't wait to come back!" Jake P. July 2020
- "We had an awesome time. The house and hospitality were outstanding! You thought of everything, we will be staying again." Sandy S. June 2020
- "We spent everyday utilizing the private beach access and the boogie boards. The backyard fishing was a great moment every night and morning. We loved being so close to CVS and the Snook Nook for all of our needs. What a great place. Thanks for having us." Paul R. June 2020
- "Awesome stay as before! Thanks for all your flexibility and graciousness." Kim S. March 2020
- "Enjoyed our stay here-house is decorated beautifully, nice and clean. Especially appreciated the personal touches. Had some great breakfasts and times of reflection on back deck." Dan S. March 2020
- "Great Place! Crisp, clean, spacious, perfect!" Dan M Feb 2020
- "We cannot say enough about your beautiful home, so clean and cozy. Thank you so much!" Lisa B. Feb. 2020
- "Never want to leave such a beautiful place!" Nanette P. Dec. 2019
- "Very clean and comfortable. Thanks" Linda H Dec. 2019
- "Can't say enough good things about this home, neighborhood, area-Florida's best kept secret! Your hospitality and patience have been exceptional. We'll be back." Ray J Nov. 2019
- "We felt at home the minute we walked in to your beautiful beach house. Thank you!" Lisa C. August 2019
- Thank you so mush for sharing your beautiful home....we were so pleased with the space, cleanliness, and all we had available to us." Nicole B. July 2019
- "It's beautiful! We love being on the water, fishing, etc. We are so grateful to be here. We love the decorations too. Thanks for letting us stay." Kevin P. July 2019
- "Gorgeous and well appointed home. A lot of thoughtful extras. ...We had a lot of fun. Nice and quiet = peaceful!" Janie R. July 2019
- "Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home we loved it and had a wonderful time, you both thought of everything that anyone would need while in vacation. We will be back for sure." Debbie P. June 2019
- "Thank you for your wonderful home. The serene and quiet atmosphere gave us a wonderful escape from our daily lives. We hope to come back again!" Mary G. June 2019
- "A heavenly home and delightful stay. Perfect in every way. Thank you." -Candide S. May 2019
- "Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with us while visiting our daughter. Very clean, comfortable and wonderful to be able to sit on the deck enjoying the soothing sounds of the water. Hopefully we will be back soon! " -Richard M. Apr. 2019
- "Ditto to everything that has been written! We truly enjoyed our stay both inside and outside. We had forgotten how beautiful Florida's east coast beaches are. Thank you Bill and Stacie!" -David S. Mar. 2019
- "Thank you for letting us stay in your beautiful home! The weather wasn't as warm/sunny as we hoped, but the SS Mermaid exceeded our expectations. Everything is so clean, and the neighborhood is incredibly quiet and peaceful. We hope to be back someday soon!" -Stanley M. Mar. 2019
- "Thank you so very much for opening your beautiful home to us! So peaceful to sit out back, so comfortable and clean! A+ and 5 stars." -Blake S. Mar. 2019
- "We loved your place! It was so enjoyable to sit and have drinks and our coffee in the back on the water or if it was too cold and windy, we sat in the front. The place was clean and laid out perfectly for everything we wanted to do. The neighborhood is nice and quiet. Thanks for a great place in a beautiful place!!" -Dave M. Feb. 2019
- "This is paradise on earth, we can't thank you enough! Your lovely clean home is so fully supplied with all we could want or need! We all enjoyed your many great sitting venues! We've enjoyed our stay so much we are planning our next trip to your beautiful home. We all are sincerely grateful to find this awesome place!" -Shawn P. Feb. 2019
- "Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home. Your place was more than we could have hoped for. It was clean and we had more than enough supplies. So lovely and peaceful. Loved the area, many nice people. Enjoyed sitting on the deck drinking coffee in the morning. Thanks so much! Lovely place." -Charlie P. Feb. 2019
Dock availability must be confirmed at the time of booking. Maximum overall total length of boat is not to exceed 30'. $35.00 Fee Applies.
Check-in / Check-out Requirements
- Check in is allowed between 4:00 PM and 11:30 PM
- Check out time is 11:00 AM
Please note these Check-in Day Requirements for this property:
Location [Click for satellite view]
- Children Allowed
- noHandicap Accessible
- 1King Beds
- noSmoking Allowed
- 1200Square Footage
- On SiteATM
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Access
- Bike Storage
- On SiteArcade
- Badminton Set
- Board Games
- CD Player
- DVD Player