- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- 2,000 Sq. Ft. Cabin
- Cancel Free
- ID #338353
Pick dates to see pricing:
Pricing for your stay:
|Number of Nights:|
|Cleaning & Other Fees:|
(Includes Taxes & Fees)
Reserve your stay now with no risk - You can cancel for any reason within 24 hours after booking at no charge as long as your check-in is more than 7 days in the future. After the 24 hour grace period, based on the dates you've selected, payments to hold your reservation per the Payment Policy below will be non-refundable. In order to qualify for our free cancellation policy, your reservation must be on or after [date-cancel-time].
This reservation may be cancelled for a 100% refund if made [policy] days or more before arrival date. No refund will be issued if cancelled on or after [date-cancel-until].
Reserve your stay now with no risk - You can cancel for any reason within 24 hours of your reservation at no charge as long as your check-in is more than 7 days in the future. We charge 50% of your reservation at the time of booking and the remaining balance approximately [payment-due] days prior to check-in. For stays booked within [payment-due] days of check-in, we charge 100% at the time of booking. Each payment is non-refundable after the initial 24 hour grace period upon booking.
Since today is within [payment-due] days of your arrival, we will collect the full payment today to secure your reservation.
Since today is more than [payment-due] days prior to your arrival, we will collect a 50% deposit now to secure your reservation. We will collect the balance on or around [date-balance-due].
About your accommodations
This is a lifetime experience your family will always remember and hopefully visit each year after. The quiet isolation in the wilderness is something only one can dream of on occasion. Yet, here you go this luxury log cabin has everything you can imagine. Enjoy the outdoors with numerous hikes to historic trails and fishing holes alike. Silver Lake is just below where you can visit with the locals and take in some swimming. Star gazing is a phenomenal scene to introduce your kids to astronomy or a romantic night with your loved one. However you fulfill your day, you will feel the relaxation your soul desires and appreciate our natural surroundings up here in the High Sierra. Home is not pet friendly, but pets have been in the home.
About the property
- Well located log cabin adjacent to a large meadow at 8,000 feet with your own private National Forest. Open sunny space around the house with Lodgepole pines surrounding. Tall decks with massive views of wildflower meadows and open forest.
- General Amenities:
- True log cabin
- Swedish honed log detail from Oregon Log Homes
- Hardwood floors throughout with carpet and tile
- Solar and generator powered Off-the-Grid luxury home
- Andersen casement windows
- Security cameras from outside looking at all entrances and garage
- ISmart home for secure doors and windows
- Baby gates at stairs
- Wi-fi (no cable)
- The property encompasses 113 acres off Hwy 88, across the road from Tragedy Springs with an extraordinary history
- Large semi-enclosed porch/mud-room
- 2 Fireplaces. A beautiful natural blue stone column wood-burning fireplace and hearth with an arching wood alcove storage. Also a large Lopi wood stove for the kitchen and dining room which is a main heat source.
- Central view from living room out over the hillside and meadow.
- Games and books
- Dining room/deck:
- Large dining room table that seats 6+ with adjacent deck facing a southern sun exposure.
- There are leaves to extend table out if necessary.
- Bar seating for 2.
- Deck patio is furnished with cushioned bean bag sofa furniture and umbrella.
- Gas BBQ
- Amenities: LG French door refrigerator, O’Keefe & Merritt 4 burner gas stove and oven w/ broiler (grillevator), Kitchen-Aid dishwasher, microwave oven, bagel toaster, blender, butcher block central island and travertine tile countertops.
- Required: Pack it in, pack it out trash is a must.
- Landline phone for emergencies
- Bedroom Downstairs:
- 1 Queen bed, has humidifiers
- 1 small wood stove fireplace
- Bedroom Upstairs:
- 1 Queen bed and 1 futon sofa bed (full)
- Upper balcony exiting from bedroom facing north.
- Ceiling fan
- Upstairs Sleeping Loft:
- Smart tv
- DVD player
- Internet and WIFI with limited bandwidth
- For a better entertainment experience, bring your own DVDs and/or download your content to hook up to TV
- 2 Queen beds, 1 twin foam bed, 1 full foam fold out mattress, 2 extra single/twin pads for kids. All are on the floor. Sleeping bags are great but linens are provided.
- Will be locked with a lockbox, but available for emergency access.
- Bathroom Downstairs:
- Simple ornate bathroom with a large footprint and clawfoot soaking tub.
- Kohler pedestal sink the toilet
- Bathroom Upstairs:
- Full-sized walk-in corner shower
- Kohler pedestal sink and toilet
- Utility Items:
- Water is acquired from a well
- Laundry room has stackable washer/dryer, utility sink w/ an outside entrance.
- Forced-air furnace and gas water heater.
- 3,372 sq. ft. gross which includes basement not accessible to guests; 2,000 sq. ft. of livable space.
- High chair and crib available
- 9 miles to Kirkwood Ski Resort
- 3 miles to Silver Lake
- 4 hours to San Francisco
- Summer and fall access only by car w/ possible winter get-a-ways via snow cat
About the area - Located in the El Dorado National Forest near Silver Lake at the top of Highway 88
In 1848 a company of Mormons, some of whom had served in the Mexican–American War as part of the Mormon Battalion, were planning to leave the recently discovered gold fields near Placerville to join the new Mormon colony at Salt Lake City, Utah. Daniel Browett, president and lead scout of the Browett-Holmes Company, decided to ride out with two companions and scout snow conditions and a possible route over the Sierra Nevada against the advice of the rest of the company. When the scouts hadn't returned by July 5, a party of 10 went in search of them without success. On July 19, the main group, now on its way to Utah, arrived at the spring and found a freshly dug shallow grave with broken arrows lying about. Upon investigation, they found their scouts' bodies in the grave, whereupon they named the spring "Tragedy." The spring lies at an elevation of 7,907 feet. (Wikipedia)
Silver Lake and Kirkwood Ski Resort are nearby attractions. The Meadow Out is also the closest rental to the Hide Out and Look Out.
2 Bedroom, plus Loft - Sleeps 8 w/ 5+ extra - 2,000+ square feet
- Downstairs: Queen bed and small wood stove
- Upstairs: Queen bed and full futon sofa bed
- Upstairs Sleeping Loft: 2 queen beds, 1 twin foam bed, 1 full foam fold-out mattress, 2 extra single/twin foldable pads for kids. All are on the floor. Sleeping bags are great but linens are provided. Steam iron and table top ironing board also provided.
2 bathrooms - 1 on main level w/ clawfoot tub, 1 upstairs w/ shower. We provide towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner and hairdryers.
LG French door refrigerator, O’Keefe & Merritt 4 burner gas stove and oven w/ broiler (grillevator), Kitchen-Aid dishwasher, microwave oven, bagel toaster, blender, electric milk frother, coffee maker, butcher block central island and travertine tile countertops, basic pots and pans, dishes and silverware.
Required: Pack it in, pack it out trash is a must.
Smart TV w DVD player. For a better entertainment experience, bring your own DVDs and/or download your content to hook up to TV.
Wood burning fireplace in living, kitchen and bedroom
1 deck off dining room - Gas BBQ; 1 balcony and back deck.
Wireless internet available.
Stackable washer and dryer
No elevator - Stair access only.
Garage with plenty of outdoor parking
This property is not pet friendly, but pets have been in the home.
- Forced air furnace
- High chair and crib
- Security cameras from outside looking at entrances and garage
- ISmart home for secure doors and windows
- Baby gates at stairs
Things To Do:
- Boating, swimming and fishing
- Click Here for a Full List of Activities
Check-in / Check-out Requirements
- Check in is allowed between 4:00 PM and 11:30 PM
- Check out time is 11:00 AM
Please note these Check-in Day Requirements for this property:
Location [Click for satellite view]
- Children Allowed
- 2Double (Full) Beds
- noHandicap Accessible
- 4Queen Beds
- noSmoking Allowed
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Central Heating
- Coffee Maker
- Board Games
- DVD Player
- Mountain Climbing