Career Opportunities at RedAwning
Join the fastest growing marketing and reservations solution for vacation rentals in the industry.
Recently ranked in the top ten of the 2018 Bay Area’s Fastest Growing Top 100 Private Companies, and an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Company in 2018, RedAwning is one of the fastest growing leaders in the vacation rental industry, offering exceptional career paths and opportunities for entry-level, mid-level and senior-level employees. We work in a relaxed, high-ceilinged, loft-style office environment in Emeryville, with free snacks, lunch once a week, and Friday happy-hour. If you’d like to jump on this juggernaut, send us a cover letter and your resume.
Join the Emeryville-based startup that’s transforming the way people travel. We’re the fastest, easiest, safest way to distribute, market and book a vacation rental.
Job Opening: Account Manager
Account Manager – New Hire
Location: Bay Area, CA
Job Type: Full-Time, Salary
Hours: 8:30am- 5:30pm (Monday- Friday)
Department: Property Operations
Reports To: Director of Operations
Position Summary: The Account Manager is responsible for the happiness and success of the property owners who sign up to list their vacation rental listings with RedAwning. As an Account Manager at RedAwning, you will work with our onboarding team to get clients up and running, set the clients up for success once their listings are live, monitor performance continually and take action when performance isn’t stellar, and help handle any issues that arise with the clients. Ultimately, you’re responsible for the growth, retention, revenue, and satisfaction of our property owner clients. The overall health of each account is your primary responsibility and you’ll be the primary relationship owner of each client, and you’ll drive the relationship through a consultative and strategic approach to the partnership.
The Account Manager reports to the Director of Account Management and the ideal fit is someone who is a problem solver, critical thinker, has excellent presentation and communication skills, and is looking for their next opportunity at an innovative, high-growth tech company.
Key Responsibilities, include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform Go-Live calls in a timely manner and work closely with the onboarding team to successfully onboard new properties and address existing account issues.
- Drive meaningful revenue growth and opportunities across the company’s existing customer base of property owners as we continue to scale.
- Develop client-facing marketing to highlight the tech, commerce, and reporting capabilities that RedAwning offers so that clients can leverage their own specific strategies.
- Contribute to the creation mediums for client feedback to identify areas of opportunity including current tech and business improvements as well as future tech and business developments
- As a key client partner, the account manager will develop deep, strategic relationships with our top property owner accounts, and provide stellar customer service to all other smaller clients.
- Resolve any/all client issues using FreshDesk and continually monitor for new tickets. Some tickets will be handled for you. But you will have tickets escalated to you as well.
- Discover and take action on non-performing accounts with the help of the Director of Account Management and the Director of Property Marketing.
- Minimize client churn, and work to discover and resolve issues before they turn into churn.
- Review listings as they go live to ensure they shine and will get bookings. Work with the Director of Property Marketing to improve ad content.
- Work with a variety of teams to develop client-facing marketing materials, collateral, FAQs, and more to bring our property owner program to a more self-service style program.
- Account Satisfaction
- Optimize clients’ gross bookings per channel
- Improve ad content on all OTA and VR channels
- Client retention – Keep Churn and Channel Churn to a minimum
- Client knowledge – Help develop collateral and methods for client self service
Education and/ or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Customer service experience
- Experience in travel, hospitality, or real estate industries
- Technical troubleshooting experience
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office Suite (advanced Excel skills)
- Experience with CRM systems, extranet systems, and booking engines like Airbnb, Booking.com, and Expedia.com
- Experience working in high-paced tech companies
Abilities and Attributes:
- Ability to take initiative, learn quickly and be a great problem solver
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of client situations with empathy and understanding
- Must be accurate, organized, and highly detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and follow-through on all projects
- Strong computer skills – we do everything in the cloud, and you will need to set up, maintain and use a variety of tools and services
- Ability to critically analyze data and determine its validity
- Excellent financial oversight skills and the ability to work with numbers and code
- Ability to work collaboratively with different levels of staff and management
- Ability to work under pressure and successfully meet deadlines on multiple tasks
- Excellent decision-making, interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to handle daily responsibilities and projects with minimal direction
- Must be pro-active in identifying and proposing solutions
- Ability to assimilate a variety of information from diverse individuals and make decisions for which a precedent may not exist
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Requires employee to function in a general office environment and accomplish tasks
- The work environment is a normal office environment, with business casual attire
- This position is mainly conducted in an open office environment
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to see; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; climbing, stooping, kneeling; and reach with hands and arms. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing may be required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary with lots of potential for growth based on your success and ours
- Fully Paid Medical Coverage for yourself with optional dental and vision plans as an add on at employee’s expense
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Fun, Emeryville- Based office with flexible hours
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested and qualified persons may apply by emailing your cover letter and résumé to [email protected]. Due to the volume of résumés we receive it is impossible for us to contact each candidate individually; therefore, if your résumé is selected, we will contact you for an interview.
RedAwning provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.