Career Opportunities at RedAwning
Join the fastest growing marketing and reservations solution for vacation rentals in the industry.
Recently ranked in the top ten of the 2018 Bay Area’s Fastest Growing Top 100 Private Companies, and an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Company in 2018, RedAwning is one of the fastest growing leaders in the vacation rental industry, offering exceptional career paths and opportunities for entry-level, mid-level and senior-level employees. We work in a relaxed, high-ceilinged, loft-style office environment in Emeryville, with free snacks, lunch once a week, and Friday happy-hour. If you’d like to jump on this juggernaut, send us a cover letter and your resume.
Join the Emeryville-based startup that’s transforming the way people travel. We’re the fastest, easiest, safest way to distribute, market and book a vacation rental.
Account Operations Support Team Representative | Emeryville, CA
Account Operations Support Team Representative
Location: Emeryville (Bay Area), CA Job Type: Full Time, Salary Hours: 9am-5:30pm (Monday – Friday)
Do you pay close attention to details? Do you love to learn and proactively look for new opportunities? Join our hot tech start-up and be instrumental in the rapid growth and success of our innovative business! RedAwning, a fast-growing leader in the vacation rental industry, is seeking a proactive, motivated, detail-oriented person to play a pivotal role as the liaison between our Guest Services team, our property managers, developers, and Technical Support teams.
Department: Account Operations
Reports to: Account Operations Support Team Lead
Position Summary: The successful candidate will become a key member in our Account Operations team and will have a strong understanding of property manager client care as well as strong communication skills. The candidate will enjoy servicing property managers’ reservation-related issues, be comfortable speaking to property managers on a high level and have a strong understanding of the market in order to provide property managers with front-line assistance. The successful candidate will also know how to succinctly explain and pass off issues to Operations Managers and Sales Team Members for resolution. This position requires fast, hard work, attention to detail, and the ability to know when a property manager needs extra care, general relationship-building, or technical support.
This position works very closely with the Account Operations Team, the Guest Services Team, Technical Support, Development Teams, and the Sales team, and has plenty of room for the right candidate to progress quickly and become a major player in the achievements of this exciting company. As the Account Operations Team expands, there will be lots of room for moving up from this front-line position.
RedAwning is an Emeryville-based company that provides sophisticated distribution channel management, lead response, and customer service to managers and owners of vacation rental homes, condos and apartments. It is also a website providing instant, hotel-style reservations to travelers and travel agents for over 40,000 properties in thousands of destinations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities, include but are not limited to the following:
- Support property managers by providing excellent service via phone, chat and email
- Stay up to date on product and technology changes in order to provide accurate and thorough support
- Advocate for customer and internal needs by suggesting listing and process improvements
- Adhere to and excel in productivity and quality levels in support of world-class service standards
- Build positive rapport and communicate appropriately with different personality types
- Maintain accurate records of property manager and guest interactions and resolutions; record details of actions taken; and maintain customer databases on CRM and other internal systems
- Assist in guest-related issues that impact the property manager, including damages and relocations
- Explore back end software integrations and API’s to troubleshoot listing and reservation errors
- Become comfortable with frequently used software such as MySQL and SOAP
- Assist in the maintenance of existing listings and the publication of new ones
Qualifications: Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years in sales, customer service, or related field
- Experience in travel, hospitality or real estate industries is a plus
- Technical troubleshooting experience is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office Suite and CRM systems required
Abilities and Attributes:
- Ability to take initiative, learn quickly and be a great problem solver
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of client situations with empathy and understanding
- Must be responsible, dependable and extremely well-organized
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and as part of a team
- Strong computer skills – we do everything in the cloud, and you will need to set up, maintain, and use a variety of services
- The work environment is a normal office environment with business casual attire
- This position is mainly conducted in an open office environment
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Seeing: Must be able to see well enough to read reports
- Hearing and Speaking: Must be able to hear and speak well enough to communicate with PM’s and other employees
- Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about the department
- Climbing/ Stooping/ Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick up paper products
- Fingering/ Grasping/ Feeling: Must be able to type and use other technical sources
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing may be required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary with lots of potential for growth based on your success and ours
- Fully Paid Medical Coverage for yourself with optional dental and vision plans as an add on at employee’s expense
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Fun, Emeryville- Based office with flexible hours
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified persons may apply by emailing your cover letter and résumé to [email protected]
RedAwning provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.