Hotel Chauvet was originally built in 1906 and celebrated its centennial with a spectacular restoration and renovation, painstakingly accomplished over two years. The result is a historic landmark building with six luxurious vacation rentals, rejuvenated with locally made brick and reappointed by craftsmen, while upscale interior and state-of-the art amenities have been added.
The lodging experience at The Chauvet is truly unique! Each unit is generously sized at almost 2,000 square feet. The large master bedrooms include a huge walk-in closet. The other two bedrooms in each unit are spacious as well. Both baths boast designer fixtures but the master features a jetted tub and separate glass enclosed shower with massage jets and rainhead.
The kitchen would please any gourmet, and is outfitted with custom cabinetry, stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, wine cooler and commercial-style gas cooktop, among other delights. Of course, if you don't want to cook for yourself, you are just steps away from Glen Ellen's "restaurant row" with a myriad of delicious choices... or walk across the street to Glen Ellen's own gourmet market.
A brief walk south brings you to Jack London Village with the local cheesemonger, chocolate shop (made on site), olive press and market, fantastic deli, market of locally produced gourmet items and another tasting room. Add to this vision the lovely outdoor, heated pool with sundeck patio, accessible from your own wide balcony off the master bedroom, and the views of the surrounding hillsides and native oak trees from every large picture window framed by brick arches.
You will be more than comfortable at The Chauvet at any time of year, with energy efficient air conditioning and heating, a gas fireplace, full soundproofing, elevator access and private garage.
The unit features: 3 bedrooms, master with king sized bed, 2nd bedroom with queen and the 3rd bedroom with a king sized bed that can convert to two twins upon request in five of the units. Queen sized sofa bed in living room of Unit 1B. 3rd bedroom in 2B only features a twin day bed with a pop up trundle (which can be made up as an Eastern king on request), couch and chaise. 2 luxurious bathrooms - the master has jetted tub, glass enclosed shower with shower panel featuring rain head and massage jets along with European style hand held.
- Ample closet space throughout, walk-in closet in master bedroom
- Gourmet kitchen and formal dining space, with every amenity
- Gas fireplace in living room, energy efficient central heat and air conditioning
- Heated outdoor pool surrounded by sun deck
- Wide, private balcony with dining table & chairs, propane BBQ
- Wireless internet access
- Cable with expanded channels and on-demand movies (and a TV in each bedroom and living room)
- Designer furnishings and dramatic artwork from local artists
- Paintings by local artists are exhibited in the units
- Sumptuous beds with luxurious linens, and thick & thirsty towels
- Elevator access, intercom, covered parking in private garage
- Washer & dryer in the unit
- Central location to wineries & tasting rooms, restaurants, farmers' and gourmet markets - walk or bike within the charming village of Glen Ellen
- Less than a mile from Jack London State Park
Included with your stay are complimentary:
- a bottle of wine and chocolates
- cookies in the cookie jar
- coffee, tea, juice, yogurt, granola and fresh fruit
- wine passes for six to Arrowood, Chateau St. Jean, Gary Farrell and Taft Street Winery
- reserve tastings at Cline and Jacuzzi
- 2 for 1 tastings at Buena Vista, Geyser Peak, Gundlach Bundschu, and Ravenswood
- upgraded tastings at Ledson
- Sonoma Valley B & B Association passport for complimentary tastings for each guest at 25+ Sonoma Valley wineries
Rates reduced for longer stays: Peak 4-5 nights $595/night, 6+ nights $550/night. Off peak 3-5 nights $495/night, 6+ nights $450/night. Balance will be adjusted with the final billing.
TOT 848N, 849N